January 08, 2010

it's Finally Friday- and it's a GOOD thing!


Wow...what a week! The first WEEK of January 2010 is past. I am not wearing a jet pack, I do not have magnetic soled shoes to hold me onto the metal sidewalk and all my friends breathe air like me. No gills, hydrogen tanks on their heads etc.

Do you remember being little and thinking that in the "future" we would be so weird? What, not who would have for neighbours and would the sun still really work? I remember being like 5! I remember sitting on a old brown-ish orange-ish leather couch with a blanket that was crocheted by my Grandma (?) I could stick my toes through the holes while I sat at like 6am on a Saturday watching the round of cartoons. Smurfs were a fav. I hated Hercules. Poor Herc didnt stand a chance! Not only was he boring but after him came BREAKFAST! and My mom and Dad being awake....ugh...and off went the TV.

This '2010' stuff has really gotten me to thinking. WHERE did time go? HOW did I get here? And what IS 'here" exactly? The mom of 3-ya they BELONG to me! This is no babysitting job. FINALLY on my way out of one business 8 years after falling into it and watching a new one explode from my brain into a living operating thing? No-the future isn't as easy as I thought it would be when I was the 5yr-old with my toes stuck in blanket holes, but it is definitely a lot more colourful than I had expected. When I look back at me-I cant even believe the where's the what's the HOW'S?!!? Some of the highlights of my life 'en-revieu" leave me saying 'uhh did you LOOK in a mirror, or even consider it before you did that?" I find myself thinking "Well at least I learnt FIRST HAND what happens when you do:_________________________" And then I find myself beaming with pride: watching my kids care for animals, seeing them learning to ride bikes. WOW I just realized that in 4 more years, I will have a daughter capable of controlling a 2000lb vehicle on the road! LEGALLY...... WOW...I just remembered my 5 yr old will turn 6 this year!! How did THAT happen?...

The biggest thing that I am thinking, RIGHT NOW this night is that 2010 is going to be Amazing. Awe-some. and Awe-nust. (honest but spelt funny- c'mon! I needed another 'A' word and couldnt find one!!) This year is going to be real- not full of goals I have thought up because they sound good- or goals that I have put down which are really just a giant to do list that looks fancy. This year will be RAW. it will be 100% life-changing. it will be 100 % the real me. Watch me go- but come along for the ride- I promise we will learn, we will grow and we will make GREAT things.
so stay tuned.......read it! Comment on it. Tell me stuff! Ask me things......I'll never say you know the rest of the story..cuz this one will never end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Gypsy Journal - 7gypsies Blog

Wordle: Scapbooking